Friday, September 26, 2008

What have I been doing?

I've been up to millions over the holidays.
I had two weeks of being at home before I went on the family holiday. Ahhhhhhhh two weeks of nothingness, it all seems so far away now.
The family holiday was to the Yorkshire Dales, it was so much fun. We were staying in our caravan in Hawes. The caravan site was only a 5 min walk from the town, which is where we spent most of our time. Well when we weren't sunbathing in the glorious weather that we had, when all our friends back home were having miserable weather. Hawes is in Wenslydale, where they make cheese and we kept seeing all the cheese lorries going to the factory with all the local milk. We had the bestest time so good i just had to use a made up word to describe it.
We got up to some random things on holiday like going on a bat walk and it was well cool!!! we used bat detectors to hear them and we got to see some real live bats. We went to a sheep dog demo, which was pretty cool also, I can remember going to the same place when I was little to see a sheep dog demo. We got to go to a place called the Forbidden Corner. I'd been when I was little but couldn't remember much and my sister couldn't remember anything at all. It's this really weird place like a labyrinth but a million times more confusing and has some really weird things in (and scary). Before we went here we'd gone for a picnic in one of our favourite spots and Esti got completely covered in mud SOOOOOOOOOOO funny!!! That's all I can remember about my holiday for now except that ohhhhhh we went to a castle!! I love castles they are soooo cool (I need to get a new word cool seems to be my word of the day or something) I don't care how geeky I sound and that I bought waaaay too many rocks (OK now I sound really geeky!!!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. Are you really that geeky? I mean, look at me. I program computers in my spare time. I spend my savings on electronic components to build robots I define geeky. You, by comparison, are cool.

Of course, we could get into an argument about geeks/nerds but I think the official definition is that geeks are cool and have useful knowledge while nerds are socially inept bookworms (see http://web.vee.net/stuff/geek-vs-nerd.html ). I guess by that definition, you are correct in calling yourself a geek, while I probably class as a nerd. Darn.

Dom
*hugs*